Monday, March 10, 2008

"The Bachelor" is a bloke!

First real post: Only loosely related to travel. I am off to a great start, huh?

I am a sucker for trashy tv. While I haven't watched every single season of "The Bachelor", I've seen most of them. Including the "Where are they now?" episode that's on at this very moment. The main lure of this new bachelor is that he's British. In fact, in the promo he actually uses the phrase "You make me horny," sounding like a slightly more authentic Austin Powers. As with most past bachelors, he's successful. As with most past bachelors, he's also not that good-looking. But, oh! The accent! Now, when I was 21 and living in England for a semester, I, too, was a sucker for an English accent right off the bat. Most of us American ladies are. My male British friends were quite surprised when I opened my mouth and didn't talk like Cher from "Clueless".

Bottom line: Accents may be sexy at first, but this bachelor is likely just as much of a cad as all of his predecessors. Get past the lilt, and see if there's anything to back it up!

No comments: