Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tuesday's Tips: The Container Store's Sale!

Tuesdays are for travel tips!

Ever since The Container Store opened near my office, I've become quite a fan. They have some great products for traveling, and many are on sale now. If there isn't a store near you, they're offering free shipping on select travel items, but I think the offer ends very soon, so hurry up!




Tip #1: Compress your clothes to create more space. Right before last week's business trip, I picked up their carry-on size Travel Space Bags to aid in my never-ending quest to rely on carry-on luggage alone. While I decided to check my bag anyway, these bags were a much better alternative to the large ziplock bags that I've been using because they allow you to squeeze all the air out and then zip it shut, compressing the bag's contents. While my button-down shirts ended up a bit wrinkled, overall I was quite pleased with the compact result and headed back to The Container Store today to pick up the large version to use with my bigger luggage. They're reusable and cheaper than other packing solutions, but not exactly cute.


Tip #2: Put all your travel accessories in one spot for quick access. I love The Container Store's clear plastic shoe boxes to store my favorite heels, but I realized they could serve a higher purpose: coralling all my little travel accessories. So I picked up an extra box and have used it to stash my passport, luggage locks, sleep mask, converter, adapters, alarm clock, and frequent flyer cards. When I travel again next month I won't have to search frantically for all my necessities.

Have a tip? Send it to travelspark@gmail.com and it will be featured in an upcoming edition of Tuesday's Tips!

No comments: