Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Martha's Travel Theme Party Ideas

I've been a blogging slacker and promise that my review of our hotel on Santorini is on it's way. I'm sure you've been waiting with baited breath! ;-)

To tide you over, here are some ideas from Martha Stewart for planning a travel-theme wedding, shower, or other party that served as inspiration when planning my own wedding. I found it very difficult to find travel-theme ideas that were not related to tropical destination weddings, so I was thrilled when I stumbled upon these few ideas.

The first, a UK-inspired party, is classy and modern with striking white paper popped with Union Jack blue & red. Invitations are passports, (templates are provided on the site) and a map of London serves as a table runner. I love the idea of using maps as table decorations, and spotted some large squares of wrapping paper printed with an antique map of Paris at Papyrus, but unfortunately they don't sell it online. Scrapbook paper would also work.





I love these place cards, and they inspired a much simpler design for my own wedding:




I adore this luggage-tag program:



Ah, I already miss wedding planning!

No comments: