Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Terrific Trenches

Please forgive me for my sins; I am not a shoe person. Yes, I am still a red-blooded woman; I just hate to shoe shop. Fortunately I have my mom and friends that help me so my feet don’t look like disasters. TravelSpark in particular is one of my most fashion forward shoe lovers so she is great when I’m just not sure which pair is right.

That being said, I love coats and bags, both of which are essential to have when traveling. Coats can be tricky, especially if you are traveling to multiple locations with different temperatures or if you have many different occasions you will need a coat for. So it is vital to have a couple (at least) of really great coats that will work and can be worn with layers and still look fabulous.

There are so many divine coats for this spring, I could really buy 100 but have settled for 3. The new colors make you want to get out and enjoy the nice weather and the fabrics are soft. The trench is definitely “in” this spring with so many different styles of trench that there is the perfect one for everyone.

This coat from Ann Taylor Loft is quite cute in the new grass green. It is also really comfy and doesn’t wrinkle too badly when packed. I have it myself in Navy with green stitching and am totally in love.Another marvelous coat from Loft is this metallic silver bit of heaven. It’s got a little sheen to it so you can dress it up or down depending on where you need to wear it. This is a good basic and it is long enough to wear with a skirt or pants.
White is the new black this spring and there are some very cute choices for your new spring coat. These two from Ann Taylor are both great for under $100 apiece.

And this awesome green coat from Banana Republic also comes in white.

For those that covet coats as much as I do there is Nordstrom’s Coat Shop online, which is a great stop to see those coats that we all want but so few can afford; like these two from Burberry.
I hope that if you are traveling soon that you don’t just dig out your old basic black trench from your closet but instead go out and splurge a little (or a lot) on one of these marvelous new creations.

No comments: